Search This Blog

Saturday 3 January 2015

Welcome to my Blog!

We've just slipped into 2015 and it's time for new projects! 

For the last six or so years I have made photography my passion and favourite hobby. It has taken me to places I would not have gone to otherwise. I have enjoyed the solitude of walking alone with my camera and my thoughts as much as I have enjoyed the journey with friends. It has been both a therapeutic and a social hobby for me. I have to admit I can be much more focused when I am alone, but thoroughly enjoy the laughs I have had with friends.

I am completely self taught, I've neither had the time to do a course nor been able to find something suitable locally, but I would love the challenge. I have learnt so much from just using my cameras regularly and in the three years I have been using G+, it has kept me both inspired and motivated. I guess photography is one of those skills you are always developing, no pun intended ;) The learning curve is huge and I've still much to learn, but I've happily found my own way of doing things, I'm in no hurry, I'm still having fun.

I have known for some months that the job I am currently in will be coming to an end through redundancy. I am only a matter of weeks away from unemployment. This is the first time I will have faced redundancy and it is a strange feeling. I thought I would be leaving that job of my own accord after I had finished my degree and then simply moved on to pastures new, but life is not so simple these days.

I have started this Blog with the intention of both focusing my photography and with the intention of moving into the sale of my images to supplement my future income, well it is a nice dream at least! Could I make photography my career? Who knows, if I had one photographic dream, it would be to have an image of mine as album artwork, I've been a huge music fan since a very young age and so I've appreciated a lot of album artwork in that time! 

I post regularly on G+ https://plus.google.com/+ShereeNicholson/posts , but for this Blog I will focus on my main photographic interest which is cemetery and church photography. Not only do I appreciate the aesthetics, but it is the documenting of social history that I love too.

I will also be including some local interest images from my home town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, England. 



No comments:

Post a Comment