Search This Blog

Sunday 4 January 2015

The background image

I was looking through some of my photo's for what might prove to be an interesting background for the blog. I decided to go with an image from 2014 of a Dandelion clock with the Parish church of my hometown in the background. I really liked this image, but if I'm being really picky, I wished I had got slightly more of the church roof in! I'm sure there will be more Dandelions to be found in 2015!

All Saints with Holy Trinity

Known locally as "The Parish Church", officially it is "All Saints with Holy Trinity", Loughborough. The church dates from the 14th Century, but the foundations are believed to date from even earlier. The church is set in the older part of town, and is much larger than it should have been, for a town of this size, because Loughborough thrived in the wool trade.



No comments:

Post a Comment